Nexans produces a range of Multimedia & Data Transmission cables for on-board railway equipments. Using the FLAMEX® technology, these halogenfree cables are intended for applications where flame retardancy is required. They are particularly recommended for the cabling of rolling stock applications
This range of products meets the current needs of the market especially regarding the interoperability of trains and railway equipments throughout Europe (ERTMS). These cables are adapted for data transmission up to
100 MHz, with performance close to that of ‘CAT5’ cables. Nexans experience in the design of shielding technology enables us to propose all constructions with high EMC protection.
- WTB (Wire Train Bus):
- connectivity between coaches, Plug & Play concept,
- coaches can be coupled and uncoupled while in service.
- MVB (Multifunction Vehicle Bus):
- connectivity within one car
- can be used within a set of cars.
MVB & WTB are a part of the TCN protocol defined in the IEC 61 375.
- ETHERNET 100 Ω base T video on request, audio…"
Outer sheath acc. to EN 50264-1
Fire safety acc. to EN 45 545-2, NF F 16 101 cat A1,
DIN 5510-2, BS 6853 cat 1A, UNI CEI 11170-3
Static use: 6 x outer diameter
Our cables are compatible with:
- Most available connectors for rolling stock,
- ‘Field RJ 45’ connectors,
- Shielded connectors,
- M 12 connector"